Assuming your group is not working with a tight budget, Miami is a great bachelore party destination … However, best men planning a Miami stag need not only be prepared for some serious spending (and fund collecting from other groomsmen!) But also some serious planning.
Here is a step-by step guide for planning a Miami bachelor party:
Step 1: Answer three questions about the type of bachelor party you will be planning:
1. Will this be a clubbing-focused stag?
2. Has the groom (or his bride-to-be, as the case may be!) Given the okay for strippers at the bachelor party, and just how "okay" is with this as a source of entertainment?
3. Will this be a sports-focused stag?
When you are visiting a place widely believed to have the hottest nightlife scene in America, you might think it would be an idiot not to hit up some clubs. Well, you are right. Miami's nightclubs are not cheap, but they are varied … And though much you may think you have been there and done that, you have not been to South Beach's nightlife! As its claim to its increasing bachelor party destination fame, it would be a shame not to visit at least a few nightclubs, beachclubs, lounges or bars during your stay.
That being said, if the groom really wants to go to Miami, but actually is not that into clubbing, this does not have to be the focus of the itinerary … See why below in Step 2.
Step 2: Narrow down some specific bachelor party ideas.
Not to downplay Miami's renovated nightlife scene, but to open your eyes to other activities that would help you create a well-rounded itinerary, here are just a few other ideas that could have been the main focus of your stag:
- You could still be a best man that passes with distinction by planning a bachelor party that focuses on strippers and steak (in some venues, you can even find both) as well as the area's renovated Cuban cuisine for evening entertainment.
- You could plan a sports-focused bachelor party including tickets at one of the many games or sporting events that are very likely to be happening around the time of your trip.
- You could plan on a couple of early nights and going on a drive to see gator wrestling at the Everglades, or on renting or chartering a yacht or boat for an early morning fishing trip.
- It should be no surprise that the options for daytime activities here are as endless as the sun, so take advantage and rent some jet skis, wave runners or scooters, or enjoy a round of world-class golf at one of the areas many top- notch courses.
- If you want to turn heads among Miami's many monetary-minded locals, an invitation to a luxury yacht would definitely be the type of thing to float posh Miami women's boats. Nonetheless, it never hurts to avoid being a group of strictly guys if you are doing this ultimate (or any) form of cruising for girls, so if you want, arrange for some escorts or models for accompaniment prior to cruising along the Miami beaches. .. *
* However, note: As much as its great that the bride-to-be and girlfriends are not there, obviously make sure that your "unsupervised" fun in the waters is supervised by a sober and trustworthy guide (or some), and that drinking, etc., does not go overboard-except, of course, you want to find out where that expression came from.
Step 3: Determine the duration and date of your trip.
4 days is an ideal amount of time to experience most man-musts for a trip to Miami (without raising too much suspicion or irritation with the ladies waiting at home!). You definitely want these details planned as soon as possible, as it will help finalize your guest list (very important for a pricy bachelor party destination like Miami!), And help you determine which bachelor party activities you will be able to enjoy, from attending one of Miami's many festivals to sporting events, etc. Obviously, stick to the date you will be returning, because women at home will be watching the clock as avidly as you will be watching the bikinis, and will take any change of plans as basically an admittance of guilt.
Step 4: Plan your accommodations.
Miami has some of the world's highest quality, stylish boutique hotels and luxury villas, so do not underestimate the importance of planning the right Miami accommodations for the bachelor party.
Step 5: Figure out your mode (s) of transportation …
… And by that I mean: plan to rent a car.
Miami's diverse attractions-both nice and vice-are very spread out, and the city's public transportation, which consist of train (mostly suited for work commuters) and a certain missing bus system, will not be a sufficient plan for getting your group around. .. Whatever the focus of your bachelor party, you will want to plan a varied itinerary in this multifarious, multi-ethnic Mecca, and yet bachelore party ideas you are considering involve a trip to Key West, one of South Florida's casinos, the strip clubs, sporting events, deep sea diving, or a variety f other activities, renting a car is a must for proper Miami bachelor party planning. You can try to rent a more affordable or luxury car, depending on your bachelor party budget, and if you are planning on experiencing Miami's notorious nightlife, you should really also plan on either cabs (considerably affordable and available here) or a limousine, which is certainly a must for making an entrance amidst the high profile party scene of SoBe.
As you can see, planning a Miami bachelor party requires not only an ambitious budget, but an ambitious amount of preparation, so though planning the bachelor party is extremely your responsibility as best man, this is the type of epic trip that will require help for researching, determining, and finalizing bachelor party activities and travel arrangements. Therefore, its strongly recommended that you enlist the help of either fellow groomsmen or others for help with input and planning to compensate for the swollen size of this already somewhat intimidating best man duty.